IMPORTANT: Before installing any app, install and run app OTG Status; it will guide you through the whole process, including app installation once the right conditions are met.
* * * Before beginning, make sure the battery of your Android phone/tablet is fully charged.* * *
OTG Status version 220.127.116.11 (or above) Test:
Make sure your camera battery is fully charged as well.
All apps now contain built-in Help.
- Launch app OTG Status.
- Connect a USB Memory Stick to your phone/tablet using a USB OTG Adapter like this.
- If Connected Device Conclusion: says Yes, read Help: Connecting Camera, then connect camera.
With camera connected, camera must be clearly identified and Connected Device Conclusion: must say Yes; read Conclusion Details and you will be offered to install app 'USB Config' (previously called aMCA) if all the right conditions are met.
- If app cannot detect Camera, read Help: USB Cable Issues.
If app identifies a problem with USB Authorizations, see this page for solution.
- Most of the time camera connection problems can be resolved by using a micro-to-mini OTG Adapter or a regular OTG Adapter with a USB Type A Male to Mini-USB Type B Male Adapter instead of the standard camera cable.
- With camera connected and clearly identified, Connected Device Conclusion: must say Yes; always wait for app OTG Status Conclusion Details to offer to install app 'USB Config'.
App 'USB Config' will prompt you to install app 'Live HD' (previously called ExtCam) after you save modified parameters.