IMPORTANT: Before installing any app, install and run app OTG Status; it will guide you through the whole process, including app installation once the right conditions are met.
* * * Before beginning, make sure the battery of your Android phone/tablet is fully charged.* * *
OTG Status version 184.108.40.206 (or above) Test:
Make sure your camera battery is fully charged as well.
All apps now contain built-in Help.
- Launch app OTG Status.
- Connect a USB Memory Stick to your phone/tablet using a USB OTG Adapter like this.
- If Connected Device Conclusion: says Yes, read Help: Connecting Camera, then connect camera.
With camera connected, camera must be clearly identified and Connected Device Conclusion: must say Yes; read Conclusion Details and you will be offered to install app aMCA if all the right conditions are met.
- If app cannot detect Camera, read Help: USB Cable Issues.
If app identifies a problem with USB Authorizations, see this page for solution.
- Most of the time camera connection problems can be resolved by using a micro-to-mini OTG Adapter or a regular OTG Adapter with a USB Type A Male to Mini-USB Type B Male Adapter instead of the standard camera cable.
- With camera connected and clearly identified, Connected Device Conclusion: must say Yes; always wait for app OTG Status Conclusion Details to offer to install app aMCA.
App aMCA will prompt you to install app ExtCam after you save modified parameters.